In the day to day life of cat parenting, there’s nothing quite as frustrating as problems with the litter box. Whether your litter box issues are mildly irritating or downright stinky, it can be hard to know what to do to make them better.
However, not all of your litter box woes are as complicated as they seem. In fact, sometimes simply switching to a better cat litter will make a world of difference.
I recently appeared on the set of the TV morning show, Daytime, to talk about some good reasons to dump your current litter.
Not all cat litters are created equal. If you or your cat aren’t in love with your litter, go ahead and try something new. You might find that a simple switch makes all the difference.
Is it Time to Try Something New?
Here are three signs that you might want to consider dumping your current litter.
1. Your cat isn’t using the box consistently.
If your cat starts going outside the box, the first thing you should do is talk to your veterinarian to rule out medical issues like diabetes, kidney disease, or a UTI.
A cat with a clean bill of health who isn’t using the litter box is usually trying to tell you something. Check out these tips to make sure that your cat’s litter box has the best chance of meeting kitty’s expectations. In many cases, a new litter box or a change of litter will solve the issue.
2. You’re still using traditional clay litter.
What’s wrong with clay litter? Well, for one thing, it’s not eco-friendly. Clay is frequently obtained by destructive strip mining, not to mention that it’s not bio-degradable. That means that your cat’s petrified used litter will be sitting in a landfill for generations to come.
Environmental issues aside, though, clay litter doesn’t make your life any better either. It’s messy and dusty. Just think of the dust cloud that poofs up when you pour it into the box and when your cat scratches around in it. That dust will either end up settling on your floors or remain floating in the air where the feline and human members of the family will have to breathe it in. Yuck!
Clay litter is also harder to clean. As a matter of fact, cat parents who use clay litter frequently feel like they need a chisel to scrape the sludge that sticks to the sides and bottom of the box.
A much better option for you, your cat, and the earth is to use a sustainable, all-natural litter.
3. You notice the smell.
If your cat litter isn’t controlling odor, then it’s definitely time to try something new! You don’t want to compromise on odor control.
The cat pee smell isn’t the only unpleasant odor you may notice though. Some litters use artificial perfumes and chemicals to mask smells. A cat litter that smells stronger than the odors it’s meant to control isn’t your best option. In fact, some cats begin avoiding the litter box because the perfume smell is too much for their sensitive noses.
I’ve been a cat parent for many years, so I have lots of experience troubleshooting issues with the litter box. I can honestly tell you that World’s Best Cat Litter™ is paws down the best litter I have ever used. I love it because it makes my life so much easier. And I can tell Olivia approves because she uses her box faithfully.
Here are a few things that make World’s Best Cat Litter so amazing.
- It’s all-natural and planet-friendly. World’s Best Cat Litter is made from all-natural, sustainable corn with no added chemicals.
- It’s easy to clean. World’s Best Cat Litter is made using a patented process that compresses the corn into concentrated granules that trap odors deep inside and form tight clumps on contact. Because the surrounding litter stays dry, the clumps are a breeze to scoop out. No chisel needed! And it’s 99% dust-free, so you and your cat can breathe easy. Not to mention there’s less mess outside the box too.
- It controls odors. Odors stay trapped deep inside, so you don’t smell the litter box the minute you walk into the room.
- It’s long-lasting. A small bag will last one cat 30 days. So you use less, and end up spending less than you would on “cheaper” litters that need to be changed more often.
- It’s flushable and septic safe.
- It comes in 7 formulas (including Zero Mess, Picky Cat, and my purr-sonal favorite, Lavender Scented) to meet your cat’s specific needs.
Take The Challenge
If you’re thinking of switching your litter, this is the time to try a bag of World’s Best Cat Litter because right now they are hosting a “Break Up With Your Box,” 30-day litter challenge. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for the contest at DumpYourLitter.com. When you sign up, you’ll receive a $5 OFF coupon to use when you purchase your first bag of World’s Best Cat Litter. If you’re a one cat family, that bag could last you all month!
- After 30 days, you’ll receive another $5 OFF coupon to use towards your next bag.
- During your 30 day trial, you’ll receive a weekly email with tips on how to switch, fun contests (including a chance to win free litter for a year), chances to support shelter cats, and more.
So do yourself and your cat a big favor. Visit DumpYourLitter.com today and take the challenge. Your litter box issues could soon be a thing of the past.
This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions and anecdotes are my own, and I never promote any products or brands I don’t believe in. ~Petfully yours, Kristen