Dig this… a portion of this post is sponsored, but opinions are my own and 110% “pawthentic”!
Why should dogs and cats have all the Halloween fun? Including small pets like Guinea pigs in the spooky festivities is easier than you think!
The key, of course, is to keep things safe and stress-free for your tiny Guinea goblin. Avoid potential toxins or hazards by looking for products and costumes made specifically for your pet.
What better way to get your pet into the “spirit” of the season than with Halloween-themed bedding? I am personally bewitched by Frank n Fun, a Special Edition Colorful Creations beddingline from carefresh®, available for a limited time exclusively at PetSmart®. It lets you create a hauntingly vibrant living space for your small pet while keeping him comfortable and dry.
But why stop the fun when Halloween is over? The Colorful Creations line from carefresh® also has six bright colors available all year long that can be mixed into unique blends or used to create fun designs. They’re the perfect way to match your room’s room décor, fly your team’s colors, or create your own theme – beach party, anyone? – to complement your pet’s personality.
Best of all, the bedding made by carefresh® is not only scary-cute, it’s safe and effective, too! Here are a few things I love about it:
- It’s the only bedding made from scratch using sustainable paper fiber, not post-consumer paper products like shredded paper towel or coffee filters.
- The color additives used in the bedding are those with a long history of use in household paper products such as facial tissues or toilet paper. They are also tested by third-party laboratories for animal safety.
- It controls odor for 10 days, is three times more absorbent than wood shavings and is 99% dust-free – which means easy clean-up for you!
- It doesn’t get mushy and stick to their habitat like other paper bedding products.
- In addition to Guinea pigs, animals like hamsters, gerbils and rabbits love it, too!
- You can get exclusive offers and information by joining “club carefresh” at carefresh.com.
Remember, the Frank n Fun line from carefresh® is only available while supplies last at PetSmart®. So order online or hop on your broom and fly over to your nearest store soon. And while you’re there, make sure you check out PetSmart’s full line of small pet costumes. They’ll make you scream with delight!
Don’t have a Guinea pig yet? Thinking about getting one? Remember that, even though they’re small, they can live up to eight years and require just as much care and attention as any other pet.
Here are a few Guinea pig facts to keep in mind:
- They’re best in pairs or small groups of the same sex. Check for compatibility before putting two males together.
- Their teeth grow continuously, so they need things to chew on.
- They need ample space and separate care and play areas.
- They need a “hide house,” water bottle, hay rack, toys, and chews.
- Longer haired Guinea pigs need daily grooming
- They need daily housekeeping since they play, eat and potty in same habitat!
- They require natural bedding like carefresh®. Never use cedar, it’s toxic!
- They can get easily stressed so handle gently.
- They need regular veterinary check ups like other pets!
Finally, before you “treat” yourself to a new little buddy, visit PetSmart’s website to read up on all the “tricks” of caring for your Guinea pig. And if you adopt a Guinea Pig from PetSmart® during the month of October, your first bag of carefresh® is 50% off!
This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions and anecdotes are my own, and I never promote any products or brands I don’t believe in. ~Petfully yours, Kristen